Cable harness also named wire harness refers to the wiring part that connects the electrical equipment in the circuit. Wire harness is composed of insulating sheath, wiring terminals, wires and insulating wrapping materials, and integrate them together to be a product. It mainly play the role of control, transmission, and connection. Connecting circuit boards and control panels is the most common function of wiring harnesses. Wire harness provides the overall service equipment for a certain load source group, such as trunk lines, switching devices, control systems, etc.
With the development of world's economy, cable harnesses that were used as luxury goods as early as the 1990s, are now used in various fields. Wire harnesses are wiely used for six major applications as below:
1. Motor and auto industry: Commodity motor, industrial product
motor, used as automotive wire harness in various vehicle;
2. Office equipment: printers, copiers, scanners;
3. Industry: inkjet barcode printer, laser printer, industrial power
supply, power supply protection;
5. Medical equipment: used as medical wire harness for monitors,
anesthesia machines, digital ultrasound machines,
blood/biochemical analyzers, radiological imaging equipment;
6. IT industry: notebook computers, multimedia speakers, monitors, mobile phones, power supplies.